Saturday, November 10, 2007

Importing an Acura MDX from the USA into Canada - RIV Exemption Possibility

Submitted from a UCanImport subscriber from another blog site:

" Just got off the phone with my US dealer who has a stack of 2008 vehicles destined to Canada. He had a 2008 Sienna successfully go over to Canada, even though it was on "the list" as being non-admissible. The Sienna owner had purchased his vehicle pre-November 1st (when the list was released). He had RIV write up an "exception" letter and he was off to the races!"

"I must now contact RIV tomorrow with proof of sale (Oct 10th), which was made prior to the RIV Nov 6th list for my 2008 Tacoma, and they should give me an "exception" letter, as a precedence has now been set!!! I'll let everyone know how I do with this new angle. Cheers!"

UCanImport says: if you have a Bill of Sale dated earlier than October 31st, use this precedence to get your vehicle. RIV cannot make one exception and not honour any others. Based on the public outcry to this new immobilizer standard, we suspect RIV has an exception letter on file for folks who demand it. Call RIV at 1-888-848-8240 and get this letter.

No comments: