Thursday, March 27, 2008

Import a Harley Davidson Motorcycle from the US

Recall Clearance Information Available After Motorcycle Purchase

RIV will only accept Recall Clearance Information from Fred Deeley Harley-Davidson. To obtain this letter follow the following steps;

1. Telephone the dealership at (905) 660-3500
2. Request an Application Form for Recall Clearance by fax, e-mail or mail.
3. Complete the Application Form and submit it with a copy of the Title and Bill of Sale for your new Harley Davidson purchase.
4. Ask for the Recall Clearance Letter to be sent to you by fax, e-mail or mail.
5. Submit the Recall Clearance Letter to RIV to release Form 2.

The Recall Clearance Letter will be sent to you in 5 to 7 business days, and the folks at Fred Deeley are terrific to work with!


3 comments:

Owen Lee Mewzing said...

Hi,

Wondering - what does HD charge for the Recall letter?

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Make sure you have a compliance label on your bike... mine did not.I had a very negative experience with Deeley. They would not give me a letter of compliance or a letter of manufacture as requested by CCRA, unless I could prove that I had it registerd/plated here...which is impossible to do with out a compliance/manufacture letter. They were also very slow in producing a letter of recall. Very dissapointed.

Anonymous said...

Further to my comment above, I highly suggest that your requests be made to Harley Davidson USA. They are very prompt, I had my letter of recall and letter of manufacture within half an hour (at no cost). It is accepted in Canada-after all they are the actual manufaturer.
Deeley is up to 15 days for a letter of recall! And not helpful at all as to suggest what you might try. I think they are being protectionist...nothing new comes into Canada without them getting their cut...they have access to the same HD web-site for this type of documentation, but were unwilling to help out. Perhaps I will purchase all of my new accessories south as well.