Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Compliance Letter Required for Volvo Imports from the US

Submitted by: UCanImport Subscriber
Comments welcomed

Just an update on my 05 Volvo XC90 import. It appears that I've been in a very grey area of Volvo Canada and RIVs new rules on Volvo imports:( After being told by RIV for weeks that they have everything they require and it's simply a matter of getting through the backlog, I decide to call again and today was informed that..."we can't release the form 2 until we receive a 'letter of compliance' from Volvo Canada." I called Volvo Canada and they are in the process of informing their service departments to charge upwards of 2.5 hours on the vehicles for this Safety Inspection! I called a Volvo Dealer Service Department and the Assistant Manager was unaware of this process and felt it seemed "redundant" to him.

What is most upsetting is...I was informed by Volvo Canada prior to importing that nothing had changed for this car and now their story seems to have changed in mid stream.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have just experienced the same "red tape" with Volvo Canada -I am a dealer and have just been told that I no longer can bring Volvos across under any condition -only consumers will be issued a compliance letter. What a nuisance !